OCAJI Business Seminar in Tokyo Focusing on Infrastructure Sector -
13 February 2019
Link Legal along with leading Japanese law firm Atsumi & Sakai co-hosted the OCAJI Business seminar at Tokyo. “OCAJI” as it is commonly known as is the acronym for Overseas Construction Association of Japan, Inc. (OCAJI). It comprises of leading construction companies in Japan and the association provides support in the development of overseas activities by Japanese construction companies.
The knowledge sharing session had five sessions where experts from Link Legal shared their thoughts and experiences on the below topics:
- “Opportunities in Indian Infrastructure Sector” – by Mr. Dinesh Pardasani, Partner
- “Contract Structures Prevalent in India” – by Mr. Dinesh Pardasani, Partner
- “Key Changes in Law and Approach to Promote Infrastructure” – Mr. Atul Sharma, Managing Partner and Mr. Dinesh Pardasani, Partner
- “Key to Success in Arbitration – Strategy from Invocation Stage till Issuance of Award” – by Mr. Atul Sharma, Managing Partner
- “Recent Innovations in International Infrastructure Contracts and Claims Management” – by Mr. Martin Harman, CBE, Chair International Business
Ms. Miho Niunoya, Senior Partner and Mr. Ashish Jejurkar, Partner had also participated from Atsumi & Sakai.
The session was well attended by many Japanese construction companies.
Link Legal along with Atsumi and Sakai in the past has co-hosted the below two seminars as well:
- OCAJI Business seminar on “Construction Contracts in India and Resolving Disputes Through Arbitration” at India in November 2018. Read more about it here.
- “Indian Infrastructure Sector – Opportunities, Challenges & Risks” in Tokyo which was supported by Embassy of India (Tokyo), Invest India (National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of India) and JETRO (Government-related organization that works to promote mutual trade and investment between Japan and the rest of the world). Read more about it here.